Remember me, the former Behnkes blogger? Well, I’ve retired but I’m back to announce an exciting project and ask for your support.
What is the grassroots media campaign DC Gardens.com?
- Images of 12 destination gardens in the DC area BY MONTH to entice us to go.
- Calendar of major garden-related events in our area for 2015.
- Monthly Updates to subscribe to.
- Lots of helpful info and links: where to volunteer, find plants, find a garden club or native plant society, learn in person or online, etc.
- And if you’d like to see the National Arboretum’s public hours restored to normal, we would, too. The situation there is mentioned in our 1-minute Indiegogo video.
But we need money! On Indiegogo (similar to Kickstarter) we’re trying to raise $25,000 to fund the campaign for all of 2015, during which time we’ll seek long-term funding or grants.
Just CLICK HERE to see our short video, our “story,” how the money will be used, and the many positive “impacts” that DC Gardens will have if it succeeds.
Notice at the bottom of that link that Behnkes’ VP Stephanie Fleming is one of our team members for the campaign? We thank her and everyone at Behnkes! Behnkes is also promoting DC Gardens through signage in the store and by handing out flyers. This is yet another example of Behnkes’ commitment to the gardening community of the DC area.
Check it out and please donate. Donations of even $1 add to what we hope will show public support for a service like this. If you donate $25 or more your name will be forever listed on our website as an early supporter, with a link of your choice and your location, if you’d like.
And please spread the word!
Posted by Susan Harris